Driving Course Discount
Safety driving courses for teens and drivers over age 55 can help you:
- Enhance your driving skills
- Boost your knowledge of the rules of the road
- Reduce your traffic violations, auto crashes and chances for injuries
- Drive safely
- Qualify for auto insurance discounts
Erie Insurance rewards auto safety and drivers who have completed safety courses by offering these auto insurance discounts.
Safety Programs and Discounts for Young Drivers
Driver Training Discount – Drivers under age 21 who have completed accredited driver training courses may be eligible to receive this discount.
Safety Courses and Discounts for Mature Drivers
Accident Prevention Course Discount – In Illinois, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia, a discount may be applied to your auto insurance policy when the principal driver age 55 or older (no age restriction in New York) has voluntarily and successfully completed an approved driver accident prevention course by these agencies:
- Illinois – National Safety Council’s Driving Course
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
- Ohio – State Highway Patrol’s Mature Driving Schools
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s Mature Driver Improvement Course
- Tennessee – Commissioner of Safety’s Driver Improvement Course
- Virginia – Department of Motor Vehicles’ Mature Driver Safety Course
Ask your Kattan Ferretti agent for more details about how you may qualify for these savings and other auto insurance discounts.