Coverage: What’s in Your Auto Insurance Policy?
Your car is an essential part of your daily routine. Whether you’re running errands, driving to work or planning a road trip with family or friends, you depend on your auto to get you where you’re going — and to do so safely. When the unexpected happens, you can count on Kattan Ferretti to help get you back on track.
An ERIE auto insurance policy consists of six types of coverage:
- Bodily injury liability: Coverage for your legal fees, court costs and compensation due to bodily injury claims brought against you.
- Medical payments: Coverage for medical expenses for injuries sustained by you, resident relatives and other people in your auto as the result of an accident. (Auto insurance coverage varies by state.)
- Property damage liability: Coverage for your legal liability for property damage claims brought against you.
- Collision: Coverage for damage to your auto and its equipment caused by collision or upset.
- Comprehensive: Coverage for damage to your car and its equipment not caused by collision or upset. This includes, damage from fire, theft, glass breakage, vandalism and damage that results from contact with persons, animals, birds or falling objects.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: Provides coverage when you are injured in an accident caused by another person who either has no auto insurance or who has limits which are insufficient to cover your damages.
For added insurance protection, an ERIE auto insurance policy also provides you and your family with over 30 extra features. Learn more about these extra features that go beyond the standard auto insurance coverage.