Extras Built-In to Your Auto Insurance Policy Automatically
Kattan Ferretti’s auto insurance coverage extras go beyond standard coverage by providing you with lots of features at no additional charge or premium. Find out what’s built-in.
Covered: Transportation Expenses after an Accident
Auto insurance through our Erie policies covers your transportation expenses immediately after an accident or other covered loss, with no deductible, if you can’t drive your vehicle. It’s included with comprehensive coverage and optional with collision coverage
If your vehicle is drivable, payment could start the day you leave your vehicle at the garage for repairs. Examples of the covered expenses could include vehicle rental fees and bus or taxi fares.
With comprehensive coverage, Erie Insurance will pay up to $20 per day. The limits for losses vary by state, ranging from $450 to $900, but higher optional limits may be purchased.
Covered: Travel Costs, Personal Property, Locksmith Services
If physical damage coverage is purchased, Erie Insurance would pay:
- Up to $75 per person for travel costs, including meals and lodging, because you could not reach your destination as a result of a covered loss.2
- Up to $350 for loss to personal property, such as clothing and luggage, that was inside the vehicle ERIE insures. (Restrictions apply in North Carolina; up to $100 for personal effects.)
- Up to $50 for locksmith services ($75 in Ohio, Indiana and Tennessee) when the keys are locked in the insured vehicle accidentally. (This coverage is sold under a separate towing and labor endorsement as optional coverage added to your policy.)
Covered: Pets, Damaged Windshields
Coverage (through Erie) would:
- Help protect your four-legged pals with pet injury coverage. It’s automatically included with your policy and covers up to two dogs and/or cats that are injured in your vehicle at the time of an accident. ERIE will pay $500 for each pet to receive veterinarian and medical care or $1,000 to cover their loss.
- Waive your comprehensive deductible when a damaged windshield is repaired rather than replaced. (Additional premium required for full window glass coverage in New York and Illinois.)
- Waive your collision deductible in the event of an accident between two autos insured by Erie Insurance or if the driver, not insured by ERIE, is solely liable and carries adequate liability insurance. (Damage to the insured vehicle must be greater than the deductible.)